Meadow Heights Knowledge Fair
"The knowledge you want to share with others!"
Pick any topic you are interested in... Here are many ideas:
- Leaf collections
- Scientist Biography
- Which paper towel is the strongest?
- Can music impact plant growth?
- Why do batteries emit electricity?
Science & Engineering:
- Imagine new technology
- Review your favorite technology - trains, planes, spaceships, computers
- Favorite architecture/structure
- DIY catapult or simple machine
- Your own structure/Lego project
- Describe how germs are spread.
- Describe energy.
- Build a robot.
- Explain how magnets work.
- Describe the solar system.
- Tell us all about your favorite animal.
- Describe the kinds of rocks.
- Describe the water cycle.
- Explain the differences between climate and weather.
- Describe viruses.
- Describe the types of bridges.
- Take apart something mechanical (with your parents permission) and explain how it works.
English Language Arts:
- Display poems you’ve written
- Tell about a popular author
- Review of a favorite book
- Review of a favorite character
- Explain the different parts of speech
- Describe common story genres
- Describe the parts of a plot
- Describe the common kinds of poetry
- Describe journalism
- Share multiple ways to solve the same problem.
- Explain measurement.
- Explain the kinds of three-dimensional figures.
- Explain how to collect and display data.
History & Social Studies:
- Describe a community worker and what they do (ex. What does a firefighter do?)
- Review of a Historical Figures
- Review of a Historical Event
- Explain how to be a good friend.
- Explain the causes of World War I.
- Share how the Ohlone lived on this land pre-1700.
- Tell us about a change maker like Cesear Chavez or Martin Luther King.
- Describe life during the Industrial Revolution.
- Describe the customs in another country like Japan or Guatemala.
- Describe the Mayan civilization.
- Teach a language and share the regions that the language is used
Computer Science and Coding:
- Create your own app or computer game
- Explain basic algorithms and programming
- Explain conditional statements
- Explain how to create a web page.
- Explain how a 3D printer works
- Create your own art (drawing, painting, sculpture)
- Describe your favorite art piece/genre.
- Favorite Artist Biography
- History of Music
- History of Movies
- Explain and show which colors mixed together make secondary colors.
- Show how to draw something step-by-step
- Choose and describe one of the major art movements and explain it: Cubism, Futurism, Impressionism, Surrealism, etc.
- What is it? Where did it come from? Who are the most popular artists of the movement?
- Music theory.
- Music history (ex. The history of jazz)
- Music genres.
- Write a song.
- Explain how to read music.
Contact the Event Chairs with questions at email@example.com